Thanks to the Inlet and Indian Lake highway departments the Limekiln-to-Cedar River Road in the Moose River Plains is in good shape. The shoulders are soft in some spots, as usual for this time of year. If we get a little more rain the road should be relatively fast.
- There is new pavement on Cedar River Road that could be slippery.
- Just after 19 miles there is a hole on the right side of the road big enough to eat a bike wheel.
- There are a few soft, sandy spots so be careful around those.
- Hazards are marked with paint and down arrows but there are very few hazards, except for the countless rocks.
- Just after mile 35 is a single down arrow. This is to warn you of a fast downhill with a sharp right turn where you need to keep right so you don’t get hit by oncoming traffic.
- The Fern Park trail is in good shape but it’s typical singletrack – there are roots, rocks and some soft spots.
- There is a quarter-mile downhill to Fern Park with two sharp right turns right before the finish line.
- If you’re on a CX bike or have smooth tires be careful on these turns.