These rules will be STRICTLY enforced!
A. E-MTB ELIGIBILITY: Class 1 only
- Class 1: Pedal Assist Bicycles with an electric motor Peak Power of <=750 watts that provides motor assistance only when the rider is pedaling and that ceases to provide assistance when the bicycle reaches the speed of 20 miles per hour. Bicycles must remain locked, i.e., no modification of wheel sensor from factory circumference or any other modification to manipulate the factory set speed of the bike.
- Production Rule: OEM drive unit and matching frame combination model required (matching year NOT required). Electric conversion kits and after-market frames are prohibited. Once qualified for the race the bicycle may not be modified in any way.
B. GENERAL EQUIPMENT STANDARDS:
- Throttle mechanisms are prohibited.
- Studded tires are prohibited.
- All e-bikes must report to and pass a technical inspection no later than 30 minutes prior to the start of the race. Class 1 identification label on your bicycle is required, know where it is. Bicycles may be tested by officials any time prior to, during or after the event. A bicycle that passes a pre-race inspection is subject to further inspection or protest at any time during or after the race. A rider who refuses to turn over their bicycle for inspection or testing at the request of a Race Official is automatically disqualified.
C. ON-COURSE SUPPORT NOT ALLOWED:
- No on-course support supplying batteries or any other assistance is allowed. If you need an extra battery you must carry it with you.