Thanks to the Inlet and Indian Lake highway departments the Limekiln-to-Cedar River Road in the Moose River Plains is in very good shape. The shoulders are soft throughout, as usual for this time of year. If the weather forecast holds the road should be relatively fast.
- Between the Limekiln gate and Red River there is a sharp curve with loose gravel. This curve has a huge (road sign) right arrow. Don’t take it wide!
- Between Red River and Big T is another sharp curve on a fast downhill marked with a single down arrow. Again, don’t take it wide!
- The flats heading West from the Big T intersection seem to be rather well-packed for this time of year but of course this condition is completely weather dependent.
- At about mile 23 there is part of a culvert collar sticking up in the middle of the road.
It has been marked with paint. This could puncture a tire.
- After exiting the Cedar River Gate there are some long, smooth downhill sections that should be exceptionally fast.
- From the Cedar River gate the road is smooth with soft shoulders all the way to the pavement at about 28 miles.
- As always, remember to keep right! The roads are open to two-way traffic.