For the only the second time in the last 26 years the Black Fly Challenge, America’s Original Gravel Grinder, will not race through the Moose River Plains between Inlet and Indian Lake in June.
The race is cancelled, but the race route is open! Is anyone doing the race route this weekend from Arrowhead Park to Indian Lake School? As of now the weather forecast is 72 and partly cloudy, great day for a ride!
If you do plan to ride the BFC race course PLEASE REMEMBER:
- Ride in small groups with your friends or teammates.
- There are no water stations, spotters or EMS on the course.
- There is no cell reception or radio communication on the course.
- Take plenty of water & energy supplies.
- If you’re on a CX bike, take a flat repair kit.
- Consider having someone drive through after you.
- Be safe and have fun!
Lastly, before you head out join the BFC Strava club, then record your ride and post it to Strava. Stay tuned for further news – we may do ‘Ride the Fly in July’ again!