We have received numerous inquiries as to whether Black Fly Challenge 2020 will be affected by the COVID-19 situation. At this point we are proceeding as planned but have decided that we will make a mid-April announcement on whether the race will happen or not.
Even if the current crowd restrictions were completely lifted we still have several factors to consider including some that are beyond our control. The health and safety of our racers, volunteers and communities is our highest priority.
Black Fly Challenge draws thousands of people to our small towns. The logistics of organizing an event of this size are not easily changeable. Therefore postponing the race to a later 2020 date is not feasible.
So again, we’ll let you know soon whether the 25th running of the Black Fly Challenge will be this year or next year. Stay safe and thank you for your continued support!