After years of consideration and discussion with veteran racers we’ve made some big changes for BFC 2017…
Categories & Age Classes have been expanded from 35 to 47:
- CX and MTB categories will now be broken down into CX Cat 1, CX Cat 2, MTB 1 & MTB 2.
- Age classes have been expanded to include 19-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59 & 60-99 for all of the above CX & MTB categories.
- Read the Registration Guidelines post to see what category you should register in.
- Screamen Eagle will again sponsor the Fatbike Challenge. Check the Fatbike box when registering at BikeReg.
- Junior & Tandem categories remain the same.
- Odd bikes are still welcome at the discretion of the race director.
A 44% Bigger Purse, Now Over $14,000.00:
- While payouts per age class remain the same the expanded categories & classes, along with special prizes, have increased the overall purse by over $4,300.00!
- Though cats & classes have expanded we will still follow the age-old rule seen at almost all races: Any category and/or age class with less than 5 competitors will be combined with a similar cat/class for the purpose of awarding prizes. Categories & age classes with less than 5 competitors that cannot be combined with a similar cat/class will not receive prizes.
For more info visit the FAQs & BFC Rules page and the BFC Prizes page.